News Corp Australia
News Limited Subscription - Ashes Sky Box Promotion
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
WHO CAN ENTER
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are either existing subscribers or who become News Limited subscribers as part of their entry process. A News Limited subscriber for the purposes of this competition is the registered account holder for any news+ subscription (but not news+ registration alone) or the account addressee for any home delivery service for any of the following publications: The Sunday Telegraph, The Daily Telegraph, Sunday Mail, Adelaide Advertiser, Courier Mail, The Sunday Mail, The Sunday Times, Herald Sun, Sunday Herald Sun, The Geelong Advertiser, Mercury, Sunday Tasmanian, NT News, Sunday Territorian, Gold Coast Bulletin, Townsville Bulletin or The Cairns Post
- Directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether by natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin
- Entrants under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this competition.
HOW TO ENTER
- The competition commences on Monday 25th November, 2013 at 7:00 (AEDT) and concludes on Sunday 15th December, 2013 at 19:00 (AEDT), inclusive ("The Competition Period")
- To enter the competition, eligible entrants must complete one of the following two (2) entry mechanics (based on whether they are an existing News Limited subscriber or would like to subscribe), during the Competition Period:
- Existing News Limited Subscribers:
visit www.skyboxpromo.com.au/subscribers follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details and submit the fully completed entry form; OR
- Not an Existing News Limited Subscriber:
visit www.skyboxpromo.com.au, click the 'not yet a subscriber' link, purchase any News Limited subscription listed on the website (after which they will receive a News Limited customer number); and then visit www.skyboxpromo.com.au/subscriber, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details and submit the fully completed entry form.
The email address an entrant provides on purchase of the subscription must match the email address provided on the entry form. The email address provided will then be verified against an active subscription upon promotion close, to validate entry.
- Incomprehensible, indecipherable and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, or PO Box addresses to register single or multiple purchases. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this clause./li>
- Any cost associated with entering the Competition is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on internet service provider used.
HOW TO WIN
- Limit one (1) entry permitted per person, per customer number and per email address.
- The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry is received by the Promoter's database for online entries. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid, if determined by the promoter, acting reasonably, that this was done to circumvent any part of these terms and conditions.
- One (1) Major Prize winner will be drawn from all eligible entries to win the following;
- One (1) day ticket for two (2) people to the January 2014 Ashes at the SCG (on either January 3rd 2013 or January 4th 2013, and Tickets for 2 to the KFC Sky Box, on the day of attendance. Includes food and drink during the 'flight', and KFC 'Green & Gold' Merchandise, valued at up to $400.00 (including GST)
- Three (3) nights' accommodation for two (2), in a four (4) star hotel, from January 2nd 2013 to January 5th 2013, in a twin share room in Sydney valued at up to $950.00 (including GST)
- Return economy airfares from the winner's nearest capital city, valued at up to $2,236, (including GST)
- Total Competition Prize Pool is up to $3,586 (including GST).
- Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If any prize within this Competition is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Once prizes have left the Promoter's premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed & filmed throughout the duration of the prize.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- PRIZE DRAW: Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered into the Prize draw for the Competition Period of their entry. One (1) valid entrant will be drawn at random to become the winner of the Prize. The Prize draw will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060, at 14:00 (AEDT) on Monday 16th December, 2013.
- The winner will be notified within 2 days of the draw. The winner will be notified of their prize in writing, will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper, and on http://www.news.com.au/competition/winners on Monday 23rd December, 2013.
- Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
- Should the winner of the prize be under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner's behalf.
- Should an entrant's contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW: Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 on Tuesday 24th December, 2013 at 10:00 (AEDT). The winners will be notified within 2 days of the draw. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing, will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper, and on http://www.news.com.au/competition/winners on Tuesday 31st December, 2013.
- Travel must be taken at the time specified by the promoter and must coincide with the dates of the scheduled January 2014 Ashes. Travel must coincide with the dates of the scheduled January 2014 Ashes on either January 3rd 2013 or January 4th 2013. If a winner and travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date, or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or element thereof
- The major prize is for the specified dates of the event only. If the winner (for whatever reason) is unable to travel or does not take an element of the major prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the major prize.
- The Promoter's decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter's ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- STANDARD OPT-IN All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant's names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant's details should be directed to The Promoter.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Salmat Digital Pty Limited, and One Partners, on behalf of the Promoter are collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). The entrant's personal information may be disclosed to Salmat Digital Pty Limited, or One Partners for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
- Entrants' personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners' names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner's surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter is News Limited (ABN 47 007 871 178) of 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010
Authorised under NSW permit no: LTPS/13/08927, ACT permit no: TP 13/04133